Pages

November 6, 2008

{yes, we dit it}


hopeful days are ahead. election day was incredible to witness. we did right. it feels great to know that now we will have an intelligent leader with a unique name, who is mixed race to lead and represent us as a people. it gives hope that anyone can now really be president. the promise of change has ignited something in all of us. i was moved by his speech, see snippets below. i was also touched by how he announced Michelle as his best friend and the love of his life. i love how much they adore each other and are not afraid to show it.


"There are many who won’t agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government can’t solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. "

"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn – I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too. "



No comments: